5.11.2009

A staple at Yonge and Eg - La Vecchia

This is my local dining spot with the gals or for an intimate date however you NEED to make a reservation or else you will wait over an hour for brunch, lunch or dinner in this Italian hotspot in the hood.

They make amazing pizzas, fresh pasta dishes, and delicious risotto such as the risotto La Vecchia which is a kiwi risotto flavoured in white wine and served with giant prawns. They have a great variety of veal scallopini dishes and I especially like their veal scallopini Diano Marino with a creamy wild mushroom sauce. The last time I was there, my best girlfriend loved her Rigatoni Romani- Smoked Chicken, Portobello Mushroom In A Blush Sauce Crowned With Goat Cheese.

For my girlfriend's birthday - they prepared an amazing array of desserts including tiramisu, cheese cake, chocolate mousse cake - it was very decadent.

I can always rely on great food being served here so that's what keeps me coming back.
La Vecchia- 2405A Yonge St, Yonge 2 blocks north of Eglinton
**** (out of 5)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment