2.03.2009

My Big Birthday weekend! I tried horse!

Last weekend was one of my milestone birthdays and I am still in awe over the planning and organization. My friends gave me the birthday celebration of my life and I am soo lucky and humbled to have many great individuals in my life. I have so many memories from the weekend and am just grateful to everybody who came out to rock out with me and those who passed along wishes! That's a picture of me dolled up like a pop star and eating poutine! I've often said - to know me is to love me and i felt incredibly loved on my birthday!

On the Friday, my darling friend James started my weekend off with a date of cocktails, dinner and dancing. For dinner, we went to a carnivore's delight called Le Palette which is this very intimate French resto that had great service and great bohemian french art on the walls! It felt like we were in a cozy Parisian bistro with only 26 seats in the entire restaurant- a very comfortable setting for us. Our server who was adorable gave us some tasting of wines before we settled on a medium red.
For starters, we dined on these flaky duck confit croquettes which were very flavourful and a fried piece of Camembert with cranberry coulis. They were heavy appetizers but we needed to try as much as we can and reading the menu, our mouths were watering.
Whenever i goto a French restaurant- i usually make a point of trying their duck confit however since we had duck as our appetizer- i tried a meat that i have never eaten before- the Horse Tenderloin which i had cooked medium rare. The horse was more gamey than I would've liked but it was prepared well. James had the steak frites which of course are a staple at restaurants and was very juicy and had the right amount of spice. Anyway I am glad we had the rest of the night to dance off our dinner!! Thank YOU again to all my friends for an amazing birthday weekend!


La Palette- 256 Augusta Avenue,
Kensington Market


*** stars (out of 5)

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment