7.28.2012

Milos - my VERY favourite new fish resto

OPA!  This is the one of  the most memorable show stopping dining experience I have had in a long while.  It's not everyday that I am extremely impressed with a dining experience at a restaurant from the service, decor and the food.  This is what I would classified world class seafood and fish restaurant.  I am pleased to hear that there are locations in Montreal (la belle province), New York and of course Athens.  But my first experience was in sin city and Milos is located on the 3rd floor at The beautiful new Cosmopolitan hotel. 

I feel like we need to tell the world and the underworld including Poseidon about this restaurant. Be warned though, it's pricy and would be a very special occasion night.  

OK here were the show stoppers for me:
The Milo's Special - this is a MUST have!  It is a plate thinly sliced zucchini and eggplant deliciously fried and crispy, served with a tzatiki sauce and hunky pieces of saganaki cheese (my very favourite salty and rubbery cheese). 
Grilled Octopus - tender pieces of grilled octopus simply served with capers, oil, lemon, and salt.  I just wished there were more pieces on the plate. 
Finally for our mains -You are asked to choose the catches of the day from the 'fish and raw' bar.  It is an absolutely gorgeous display of freshness.  We select two recommended catches.  One of which is their signature  “Lavraki” fish, a Mediterranean sea bass. This sweet, buttery fish is cooked in tons of sea salt to trap in the flavour and was filleted and deboned table side.  It was so tender, flavourful and juicy.  
We were very full but insisted that we needed to have their homemade baklava for dessert.  I mean we were in a Greek restaurant.  It was a wise decision as it was so good! 
I must go again and soon!!!
OPA!
***** STARS
Estiatorio Milos
Cosmopolitan Hotel 
3708 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las VegasNV 89109
Neighborhood: The Strip
(702) 698-7930
http://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com

Other locations: Montreal, New York and Athens
Estiatorio Milos (Cosmopolitan) on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment